Tuesday, October 23, 2001

Accident Prone

Accident Prone


t kicked off with a golf ball to the right ankle. My Junior year of pain that is. Yeah, I know, you’re probably thinking that it is my fault going golfing with a Fox boy and all because you know how they all are. Anyway so Tim Fox and I were golfing at the Brentwood golf course. Like my second time of golfing, and his FIRST time playing golf that didn’t’ involve miniature buildings and such. We were having a pretty good time. Tim had hit four into the street, “on accident,” and I had done fairly well. So we’re on the third hole, a par four. And I drive my ball more or less toward the green where it was supposed to go. Then Tim Steps up, and try to picture this. I was wearing sports sandals, you know, the kind you just slip your foot into leaving your poor ankles exposed like a magnet to the outside world (I could do this because I was an employee of the restaurant and I was allowed to “bend” the rules.) I was behind and to the right of him, what I thought was a reasonably safe distance. Then Tim decides that he wants to be like Happy Gilmore. So Tim takes a few steps back so that he could get a running start to his swing. He then proceeded to hit the ball and subsequently wonder where it had gone. He soon figured it out when, already, I was sitting on the grass hugging my poor purple and LARGE ankle. It wasn’t a pretty site. Anyway, like I said, I wasn’t thinking. I was, in fact, with a Fox boy and should have hidden behind a tree. So anyhow, I was carried into the restaurant where my ankle was elevated and covered in ice. It was bruised for over two years. Just recently it faded. So that’s #1.

#2 About a week after my golfing accident I was in Clayton Valley visiting my friend Devan. Well, My ankle, by that time, was fine to walk on, but was tender to the touch. So I thought that a little long board ride seemed harmless. It was going fine. Fine until my ankle gave out and I fell, spraining my right wrist and losing a chunk from my left knee. Oh, I also stubbed my left toe, but you know. The wrist, however, was quite painful and so dad took me to his office and took x- rays. I also got a brace. Hooray.
#3 Well, late in my sophomore year I was elected to go to Girl’s State. And to be eligible to attend I had to have a Hepatitis B? Shot. Well, apparently reactions do, infrequently, occur. And our WONDERFULLY RETARDED Doctor never warned me to watch for symptoms of one of these reactions. So, incautiously, I proceeded to go to school. During second period while in jewelry, I was making a few rings and then, interestingly enough, was then in the office. I don’t remember anything in between. It seems that I had laid my head down near the flame I was working with, then made my way to the phone, I don’t remember whether or not I had called mom there, or in the office. Well, so I went home, and slept it off. Nothing too serious, but if my hair had caught on fire it would have been not so hot. That’s number three.
#4 Well, number four is simply a pinched nerve and a pulled muscle in my back. It happened during volleyball, I did go to see a chiropractor, it hurt, but no extravagant story to it. Except for the fact that I was present every match.
#5 Well, then I nearly tore my rotator cuff and was out of volleyball for quite some time. It hurt VERY badly and I had to go to the stupid a chiropractor guy a lot. #6 Aaron Somerhalder was practicing with our team and was being a stupid gay boy, you know, hitting hard and thinking that he was cool even though it was on a girl’s net. Well, I went up to block and it hit my finger wrong. It was odd, a wave of nausea swept over me, weird cause I didn’t think it was too big a deal. Well, my right palm was purple for a while.
#7 My lovable doggy died…OH SO SAD. Well, that is enough of that.
#8 Here goes the right ankle. During a match with Clayton Valley. It hurt. It swelled. It went away.
#9 Mike Ramaha, a good friend of mine “died.” Not really, it’s a long story I don’t care to go into detail with, but I was pretty sad again.
#10 Not quite my junior year, but Feb. of my senior year I was rear ended by some skanky paramedic who wooed the officer, stupid skanky skank. Anyhow, Meghan and I were in and out of chiropractor’s offices with whiplash for some time and missed lots of club. Oh well, that’s life I guess. We did get massages after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker