Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Dip in the Pool in Tropical Australia

A Dip in the Pool in Tropical Australia

We were in the tropical region in Australia and my companion and I were walking through the town and we noticed across the street a building that said swimming pool.  We were perspiring on this very hot & muggy day.  We went in and everything was spic and span and only a few people in the pool swimming.  One of us said, “Wouldn’t it be nice to take a dip and cool off”.  We decided we’d take a swim and so we rented a suit and towels and jumped in the pool for a few minutes.  It was a large pool, shallow on one end and deep on the other.  After swimming for awhile we decided we’d better get going.  We both agreed to go.  I said to him, I think I’ll swim across the pool once more and be right in.  He said, “ok” and went to change.  I made it about half way across the pool when an evil feeling came over me.  I was swimming and not going anywhere and just flailing.  Things got worse and I felt like I was in a whirl pool getting sucked under.  I became disoriented and couldn’t cry for help.  I was splashing and splashing and not going anywhere and lost track of where I was.  Very disoriented.  I reached out after a few minutes and felt the side of the pool.  I thought, “Thank God, for that.”  I looked around and I was all alone.  Everyone had gone.  I found myself at the deep end instead of where I was swimming.  I told my companion of my near drowning and we got dressed and went on our way.  I will never forget it.
 Great-Grandpa Green

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker