Monday, October 23, 2006

Our True Savior

Our True Savior
Just before Halloween James, Madelyn, and I were having one of the most difficult times of our lives. After talking with our bishop for hours, Madelyn was very tired, hungry, and on top of everything, she even had a cold. After being very good and patient Madelyn finally lost it. She was the most upset I’d ever seen her. While James was finishing up with the Bishop, I went into the dark nursery with Madelyn and tried to calm her even though I was sobbing myself. After awhile I started to pray. As soon as I started, Madelyn laid her head down upon my chest and was calm and quiet. I don’t know exactly what the spirit guided me to say but I do remember asking The Savior to put his arms around Madelyn to comfort her and to let her know how much she was loved. The instant I asked, I felt Madelyn’s breathing slow, her body relax, and I felt The Savior’s arms surround her. My spirit has rarely had such a miraculous change of feeling as I experienced at that moment. As my sobbing turned to joy combined with fear for our families situation, I was also calmed and given the strength to do what I had been praying for daily.
Although my prayer with Madelyn opened me up to the suggestion of the spirit, I didn’t necessarily get the answers that I was hoping for but knew, without a doubt, that I was literally in the hands Lord and was greatly comforted.
1st Nephi 21:14-16
…The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me – but he will show that he hath no.
For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee…
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; they walls are continually before me.
With Love,
clip_image003
Wendy Nielsen and Madelyn Marsha Collins
clip_image006
12/23/2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker