Swim or Die
Mom and dad were on vacation in Alaska which meant that I had nothing to protect me from my older brothers and sisters. This is the story of how I learned to swim.
Joseph was visiting here at home and he told mom and dad that he’d take care of things if they wanted to go on a vacation. So they did go on a vacation. Which translated into Joshua was doomed!
One summer day when my brothers were swimming, they decided to put floaties on me. Floaties are flotation devices that are placed on the arms. Then they threw me into the swimming pool. Who would do that? Why would they?
I think I just stood in the shallow end of the pool and floated and cried. Unfortunately I knew that they were serious and that I had to learn to swim or die – well sink anyway. I actually don’t think they would have let me die but things could have become very uncomfortable for me so I learned to swim.
Joshua Wilford 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment