What Got Me Through
1989: I didn’t know her very well, in fact the only thing that I knew about her was that she had a pretty voice, dad had taught her in Seminary, that her favorite song was Because We Have Been Given Much, and that she died on her way to come see dad and our new home. When we got the call that Alyssa Brice had been killed in an awful car accident on Balfour the air became thick, sound froze, and time moved like water. The next thing I remember, I was sitting on my bed. I don’t remember what thought processes were going through my mind but I looked up and she was there. I didn’t see her with my eyes, my spirit saw and communicated with her in a way that I had never known and haven’t since. If I could explain it in a mortal way, I saw her sitting on the edge of my bed as if she was perfectly formed heat waves before me. I could see her hair, recognize her features, but I recognized her/knew her through other means. We knew each other, not in life but in a way that we all know each other but no longer remember. She was waiting there with me. I was blessed enough to have been able to provide an environment in which this beautiful creature, this spirit sister, this fellow daughter of god could reside. My guest started talking soon after Alyssa arrived and she left as suddenly as she came. For years I’ve been confused as to why she chose me, why I was one of the people she chose to share a time with. Every year and every different person I become, I think of some different reason why. This year I’m convinced that ultimately by her visiting, I made it through all of my hardest times. This beautiful angel wasn’t someone that I could second-guess, wasn’t something that changes with different fads and so forth. She had been my most permanent testimony of the sublime things that we will be and why we need to strive for eternal life and eventually perfection. No matter who I was and where I went with my life, I knew the truth, I knew where and what I needed to strive for, and I new that I needed to be more.
Love,
Wendy
Christmas 2001
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment