Sunday, October 22, 2006

The best laid plans of mice and Hogs

The best laid plans of mice and Hogs
It was a simple plan, wake up at the crack of dawn, head down to San Diego on my Motorcycle, then up highway 1 with beautiful California weather to visit the family.
It started out with me waking up late and hopping on my motorcycle forgetting my camera, a jacket or any other things I would need.  About an hour into my drive I realized I was driving through a desert, and it was pretty hot.  I started to get a little worried about sun burn so I’d stop at a store and get some sunblock and something to cover my arms.  Oh yeah I was in the middle of the desert.  As I neared San Diego I was pretty sure I was pretty burnt.  Then the heavy winds started trying to blow me off my bike.  That was fun.  I also had a headache from an ill fitting helmet but couldn’t take it off since I had to be safe in California.  As I finally reached cooler weather and the coast I found a shade tree and some nice grass and took a nap.  I then drove up the coast a little more enjoying the wonderfull southern calli traffic.  I ended up at the beach in Laguna Miguel.  I was thinking about hiking up the hill to the Chinese Buffett near my motel when I saw a restaurant that looked kindof good.  The wouldn’t let me inside how I was dressed but told me I could sit out on the patio.  It was nicer out there anyway.  I ate risotto, a little over hyped, a $140 steak, Wagyu beef with black truffles not very good but fun just to do it.  And watched a beautiful sunset over some palm trees and the ocean.  The next day up the coast brought the opposite problem, I froze with a biting fog all the way up and nowhere to buy a long sleve shirt or jacket to cover up with.  I ended up buying a fleece jacket in San Luis Obispo but it didn’t keep me warm.  On the return trip I went through Yosemite.  Long story short I baked and froze but it was still a fun trip up to California.
Joseph  2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker