Sunday, October 22, 2006

I’d Do It Again

I’d Do It Again
I originally wrote another story for my Christmas story this year, but this is the story that wants to be told. All three of my kids are amazing. Arwen is such a princess. She is content when everyone is happy and does her best to make everyone happy. She has such a happy spirit. It is hard for me to tell what Joshua will be like. Thus far, he is a very mellow little baby. He is such an awesome sleeper and that is the greatest gift a child can give his mother. There is something about my Noah that I connect with. Noah is the wildest child I have and by far the most mischievous. He makes me crazy! But Noah has such a sweet, sensitive nature. He is content to sit on my lap and cuddle for hours. He has been like this from the very beginning. My day was not complete unless I got my Noah cuddles.
I was worried about how Noah would react to having a new baby in the house. I was afraid that he would not like Joshua, and try and hurt him. He didn’t like Joshua, but he left him alone. I think he tried to pretend he wasn’t there. He didn’t understand why I would hold this new baby all day and would not come near me. It was like he thought I had filled his place with a new little thing. I would have Aaron hold Joshua and offer my lap to Noah, but he refused. It went on like this for months. It broke my heart. I didn’t know what to do. I cried and cried to Aaron about it all the time. I would pray every night for my Noah back. All seemed hopeless. Noah got used to his “Shasha,” and loves him to pieces, but had moved on from giving me any affection. He would go to Aaron when he was hurt or upset and would not try and draw comfort from me.clip_image002 I had just about given up and come to the conclusion that I had lost my boy forever. But then I finally got an answer to my prayers. Arwen slammed Noah’s thumb in the door. It scared me to death, but he let me hold him so tight. I kept him safe when the fire fighters bandaged his thumb and held him on my lap in the ambulance. The doctors wanted me to put him down to fix him up, but Noah would not let go of me. I held him all night the first night when he was in pain. I held him at all his follow up appointments when he was scared to death. I have been holding him since. Noah calls me his “cuddle friend,” and that about sums up what we are. Everything that happened was so bitter-sweet. My poor baby had to lose a thumb, but I gained back a deep trust from him. It is one of the greatest blessings I have received. I have told Aaron that I would cut off Noah’s arm if I ever started to lose him again. Noah has been given the wonderful gift of giving comfort to others and I am so glad that he has been given to us. He brings such a wonderful peace to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker