Thursday, September 29, 2011

Peace. Love. Passion. Adventure.




The alarm goes off and I stir from my sleep. I dress quickly not wanting to lose any time. I grab some OJ and a tortilla and head out the door. I walk up the gravel road as I sip and eat, thinking. It is dark outside; I set up my ipod and get started. The first few steps are planned, thought out, purposeful. After the first few miles I’ve struck a rhythm and I glide effortlessly, unthinking, natural. The sun begins to rise and a change in scenery brings my mind back from space to form thoughts, process what it is I am striving for, what it is that I am working towards. As I go on I replenish my drained muscles with supplements and water. I press forward, strong, confident, determined. There are times when I don’t think for miles, I come back to myself and realize it has been miles since I last processed a thought. Peace, love, passion, adventure. I hit my favorite part of my run, the turn around point, I am headed home, and everything is downhill from here. I feel so alive, I feel amazing. The sun is nearly over the mountains in the east as I am nearly home, only a few more miles to go. The air is getting hotter; my legs are feeling the pavement more and more. My mind wanders to the refreshing breakfast I’ll make myself when I get home. How good the warm water will feel on my sore muscles. I pick up my pace to bring it in strong. My foot hits the gravel road and I press pause. I end my workout and listen to my stats. I take off my hat and feel the hot sun on my forehead. Sweat beads down my brow as I walk. 20 miles, I just ran 20 miles. 26, here I come.

2 comments:

  1. And 26 miles there it went. I'm down with some wimpy knee problem and don't know if I'll be running take two this year. Did it playing indoor soccer. Anyway you win...though I see that Whitney has a story in draft,and I've got one I'm toying with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Meg! You're a rockstar! You made me feel the excitement of running and the awesomeness of doing something hard and what an amazing accomplishment that is.

    ReplyDelete

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker